It is important to have the correct grinding equipment for the perfect cup of coffee. Different brewing methods require different sizes for coffee beans. Identify grind size based on the following:
GRIND SIZE DESCRIPTION
- Coarse: Distinct, chunky, pieces of coffee beans. Similar to coarse sea salt.
- Medium: Gritty texture with visible flakes. Similar to very coarse sand.
- Fine: Much smoother texture. Similar to table salt, but a little finer.
- Extra Fine: Coffee grains just barely discernable. Finer than granular sugar.
- Turkish: Powered with no grains. Similar to flour.
- Coarse: Plunger pot, French press, Vacuum coffee pot, Percolator
- Medium: Drip coffee makers with flat bottom filters